...then every single day and you are taking steps to move yourself closer and closer to your dreams.
...you have to decide today if you're going to start taking steps to be where you want to be tomorrow….or not.
We all know what it means to be prepared for tomorrow.
If you're a mother, you know that if you want to get the family out the door smoothly tomorrow, you have to do some preparation steps today for that to happen. The kids just don't get up without an alarm set the day before. The family doesn't get out the door in time if clothes were prepared the day before.
If you're a business person, you know that tomorrow's meeting means preparation work today. Your presentation doesn't just fall into place without steps taken today to get the script right and the power point finished.
If you have your own business, what you do today shapes what your business looks like tomorrow.
Need money in the bank tomorrow? You have to tell yourself to go to work today.
In this fast paced world, we can easily fall into the trap of procrastination. So many things grasping for our attention can be a major distraction for a business owner, and especially for a home based business owner.
Sometimes stalled growth is simply a result of scattered focus and the distractions of an over committed life.
That's why the question at the top of today's post is a great one to start with each day to avoid that dream killing trap of 'putting it off until tomorrow'.
If you are not seeing the forward motion you need to see in your business, try these steps every day for a month and see if it makes a difference.
- Do you need to pay a bill? Write down what you need to sell or make for that to happen.
- Is your party plan business out of business because your calendar is empty? Write down the number of dates you need to have filled by tomorrow so you are 'back in business' again.
- Is there a prize you're shooting for? What's the next thing you need to accomplish to be one step closer? Write down the portion that needs to be one by tomorrow.
- To make that goal amount tomorrow, how many sales calls will you need to make or deliveries will you need to accomplish today. Make it a priority item.
- If a full calendar is your goal for tomorrow, write down who you are going to call and don't stop until you have connected with everyone on the list.
- Going for the prize? Define the tasks you must do today to achieve tomorrows goal.